To strengthen the spine, it is important to do exercises. Fortunately, there are many activities that can be held at home. You are interested in?
To strengthen the spine, you must spend some time for physical exercise. Although many do not know it, the constant practice of this healthy habit increases the resistance of the muscles that are in this area. Also, the risk of problems such as herniated disc and sciatica decreases.
On the other hand, it helps improve body posture, a factor that often causes lower back pain. In the long term, exercises to strengthen the spine help reduce the risk of chronic diseases, such as arthritis.
Do you want to start putting them into practice? Discover the best exercises to do at home.
Exercises to strengthen the spine
Before beginning these exercises to strengthen the spine, you should consider your physical condition, age and health status. If you suffer from any specific pathology or injury, the best thing you can do is ask a specialist to determine if it is convenient for you to practice these exercises.
If there is no obstacle, it is important to know the benefits that will begin to be observed after a period of constant practice. You don’t have to do a few times a week and then stop. You have to make them become a new habit in your routine.
1. General policura of the column
The back extension is a simple impact exercise, ideal for strengthening the spine and reducing the frequency of back pain. To get the most out of it, you should combine it with a short breathing exercise.
You have to do?
- began stretching on a stomach on a yoga mat.
- Bend your knees and bring them to your chest, helping him with your hands.
- got to this point, breathed in through the nose and exhaled through the mouth.
- return to the starting position.
- repeat the exercise 15 times.
2. Lyny oblique crunch
This simple exercise helps us from several points of view. On the one hand, it strengthens the lumbar area and calms back pain. On the other hand, it makes the oblique abdominals work and helps shape the life zone.
You have to do?
- They lie belly up on the rug, with their legs pleated.
- holding your legs together, bring your knees to the right, then to the left, alternating both sides.
- Make sure to keep your shoulders resting on the mattress and both feet on the floor.
- when making the twisting movement, inhale through the nose and exhale through the mouth.
- Repeat 12-15 times to the side.
3. Strengthen the spine with the back stretch
This back extension exercise is a good option when you want to strengthen your spine. Not only does it help to work the muscular part, but it also reduces the tension that is generated in the lumbar area.
If you want, you can help him with an elastic band or a bandage to make the exercise easier. You will have to go under the sole of the foot that rises and hold it with both hands.
What do you need to do?
- Lying on the stomach, legs folds.
- Inhale your nose and straighten one leg.
- breathe out from your mouth as you lift the leg you ended up lengthening. Take it to the ceiling, without bending the knee.
- Hold this position for 5 seconds and lower slowly.
- Repeat 10 or 12 times per stage.
4. Upper abs
The advantages of exercises to strengthen the spine lie in the fact that they are also useful for working on other muscle groups in the body. In that case, we propose to make the upper abdominals which, of course, allow you to work on the abdomen and back.
You have to do?
- Basically hold the position, ie lie on a belly on the mat, fold your hands behind your neck or cross your arms until they touch your shoulders.
- bring your chest and shoulders toward your knees, making sure to maintain a neutral position relative to your trunk.
- Hold the position for 3 seconds and return to the starting position.
- Repeat 12 or 15 times, combining with breathing exercises.
5. Raise the arm and the opposite leg
In addition to strengthening your spine, this exercise is perfect for training your coordination. It can be reached by the belly or four legs. If you still don’t have enough stamina, it’s best to start with the first option.
You have to do?
- lying on the stomach below, with the legs stretched out on the mattress and a pillow under the abdomen.
- Raise one arm and the opposite leg, without moving the rest of the body.
- Hold the position for 3 to 5 seconds and return to the starting position.
- Repeat exercise with the opposite arm and leg.
- repeat 12-15 times.
- If you have chosen to do this exercise on all fours, repeat the same sequence, predicting that the raised arm and leg are in good alignment with your back.
The final advice to strengthen the exercises of the spine
to strengthen the spine can be very useful if practiced consistently. If you have any questions about a pose, ask a personal trainer for advice. Always keep in mind that performing these exercises incorrectly can have a negative effect.
On the other hand, if you want to keep your spine healthy, you should supplement these exercises with other healthy habits. Be sure to apply the following tricks to your routine:
- Eat healthy foods and prefer them rich in omega 3 fatty acids, antioxidants, proteins, vitamins and minerals.
- corrects posture, whether you walk when you’re sitting.
- They do breathing exercises.
- manage stress through relaxation therapies.
- Avoid excessive physical efforts, especially if you are not trained.
- Get football and vitamin D supplements, after consulting your doctor.
- resting well.
The pain in the back. Do you take tormas? Do you have recurring pain? Start training with this sequence of exercises. However, if the pain persists or stems from a serious condition, see your doctor to find out how you can soothe it.
It may interest you… Read more Saniconsigli to keep the spine healthy
To keep your spine healthy, you should take care of your posture and carry out activities that help strengthen your muscles