Read this article to discover the secrets to prepare the real Neapolitan pizza at home. No one can resist this homemade dish!
Neapolitan pizza has now crossed all borders to become one of the world’s favorite dishes. Would you like to learn how to prepare Neapolitan pizza at home? Read to discover income step by step.
The main characteristic of the Neapolitan pizza has to do with the dough, with a high and soft, very different from the Roman pizza, which instead has a subtle and clear mass (in some parts of the world, this is known as the pizza classic cooked with a stone oven).
Preparation Difficulties: Media
Preparation time (including the massive version): + 24 hours
We have discovered together how to prepare a real Italian pizza; In this case, the Neapolitan variety that has a larger and spongier dough. In this article, we propose the classic and famous pizza margherita, but of course you can vary the ingredients according to your tastes, adding to all kinds.
If you’re on a diet, don’t walk away from time to eat a homemade pizza. You just have to pay attention to the ingredients with which you season to choose the best version, so you can maintain the ideal weight.
Ingredients for 2 large pizzas
- 450 g soft wheat flour
- 250 ml of water
- 12g of salt
- 2.5 g fresh yeast
- Extra virgin olive oil (enough)
- 400 g diced tomatoes
- 250 g of mozzarella
- fresh basil (to taste)
- salt and oregano (to taste)
- Pour some water into a bowl and place it on the sleeping side.
- melt the yeast in the container with water. Put aside.
- Pour the flour into a large bowl and add loose yeast. Stir to combine.
- Take the bowl with the water that you kept aside in the first step and add the 12 grams of salt.
- pour the water with the salt to the yeast flour. Mix with a wooden spoon.
- When you have a sticky paste, it’s time to use your hands. Work with your hands to form a ball.
- pour some flour on the table and start kneading. You will have to knead for a while, until all the ingredients are well mixed. Neapolitan pizza makers claim that the dough should be “thin.”
- When you have managed to form an even ball, place the dough in a bowl, cover with a dip and leave to rise for a day. During this rest period, the mass will triple in volume.
- After the slack, flour the table again and beat the dough.
- Divide the dough into two equal parts. Arrange each part in a bowl, cover with a cloth and release one hour from another hour.
Preparing pizza seasonings
- in a continuous tomato in small parts and add two tablespoons of olive oil. Mix.
- Add oregano and salt and pepper to taste. Put aside.
- After the last rest period, take one of the mixtures and put it on the flour table, giving it a round shape. If you don’t have a round pan, you can make square or rectangular pizza. Don’t work hard to avoid wasted air.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- it is placed inside the pan that you will use to cook the pizza. Real Neapolitan pizza is cooked in a wooden oven, but if most ordinary mortals have no one at home, then you can use an electric oven: the result I will still be excellent. If you have one, you can use a pizza stone to give it a crispier texture on the bottom.
- brush pizza with two tablespoons of sauce.
- Grease the pizza peel with olive oil to prevent the dough from sticking and put the pizza inside the oven. If you don’t have a pizza peel, you can put it directly into the preheated pan.
- remove it from the oven and add the mozzarella.
- Place the pizza back in the oven to close the cooking for plus 10 or 1.
- decorated with basil leaves.
ideas to prepare Neapolitan pizza
- for the recipe that we present you can add all kinds of ingredients: mushrooms, cooked ham, artichokes, anchovies, olives, olives, bacon, onion, Chili, sausage or… everything that comes to mind!
- You can replace the mozzarella with many other cheeses.
- of you put rocket or radicchio on pizza to add vegetables to your diet.
Have fun with your creativity and prepare a Neapolitan pizza with ingredients of all kinds. You can even host a pizza party and make as many variations as you like!
Could you be interested in… Read more Sanipasta with tuna and cherry tomatoes, simple and delicious
Have you ever prepared noodles with tuna and cherry tomatoes? It is an exquisite and nutritious recipe that will surprise you. Take note to prepare it!