Did you know that some medicinal herbs are not recommended during pregnancy and can even cause miscarriage? Find out what they are.
Do you know the contracted medicinal herbs? Commonly known as abortion plants because they can cause serious harm to the fetus, including miscarriage. We tell all about these herbs.
Plants known as abortions include active ingredients that can promote the start of contractions. They could then cause abortion, especially during the first few months of pregnancy.
For this reason, the ingestion of medicinal herbs is generally not recommended for expectant women, unless they are capitalists or the favorable opinion of doctors. Before consuming natural infusions during pregnancy, always consult your doctor.
Abortive plants prohibited during pregnancy
Take note of the plants that can cause serious health problems for the child and also for the mother, and then avoid them during pregnancy. Here is a list of medicinal herbs to be removed during gestation:
- Achillea Millefogloglogra
- to Arnica
- Tanacetum Balsamita, known as San Pietro Grass
- Ginkgo biloba
Consumption of regular infusion prepared with these plants It can cause some complications, especially during the first trimester of pregnancy. But its consumption is not recommended for the entire period of pregnancy. Among the possible side effects, we recall:
- increased blood flow to the uterus.
- uterine contractions.
- induction of premature birth or abortion.
- harm to the fetus
- bleeding, which can lead to fetal loss.
- vomiting and nausea.
- of latency.
It is important to consult your doctor before hiring any of these herbs. Also remember that during pregnancy you should pay special attention to your diet to protect your health and your child.
Consumption of infusions with medicinal herbs in pregnancy and risk of abortion
Many women consume herbal teas in an attempt to minimize caffeine intake, which is notoriously in excess of 300mg per day. However, it should be remembered that caffeine is also present in tea, some soft drinks and chocolate.
Now, does that mean if you drink an infusion for Assenzion, are you at high risk of miscarriage? In general, the risk of abortion is present when consumption is regular and customary. This means that if you have drunk one of these infusions, there is no danger.
In case of doubt, however, we recommend that you seek your doctor’s opinion and be so reassured. No one can guide better than a specialist.
Healthy drinks for pregnant women
We list the medicinal herbs contraindicated during pregnancy. Now let’s look at some alternatives to coffee or black tea for breakfast:
- Chamomile: its digestive properties are excellent in case of indigestion. It also helps fight insomnia.
- Red tea: does not contain adolescents, so it is recommended during pregnancy. Its antihistamine properties make it a good choice for pregnant women with allergies.
- Ligio: famous for its calming properties, calms anxiety and helps to sleep quietly.
- Ginger: Ginger tea is often used for calm conditions, such as nausea and vomiting.
- raspberry leaf: Grandparents often recommend raspberry leaf tea as I approach delivery due to its purported benefits in toning the uterine muscles.
If expected, you should pay special attention to diet and hydration. Be careful what you eat for the good of both of you.
You may be interested in… Read on living more abortion sanctions you should know
Abortion is the termination of pregnancy before 180 days of gestation. There are three types of abortion: spontaneous, natural or induced.