Beetroot is an extremely versatile food, with which you can prepare different recipes, such as the juices that we offer in this article.
La MeroTry Smoothies are suitable drinks for those times when you want to enjoy something different, nutritious and energizing.
Beetroot is a food that can be easily combined with other ingredients, including different fruits and spices, such as ginger and cinnamon. The result is a drink with a strong and unique flavor that is worth trying.
Many like to eat raw, grated beets in salads. Although they are generally consumed cooked, as a dish. However, it can also be used to prepare delicious beet smoothies, such as enriched with bananas and kiwi.
4 recipes to prepare beet smoothies
Here are some recipes you can whip up at home easily and in no time, all with simple ingredients.
1. Beet, Carrot, and Coconut Milk Smoothies
Beet and carrot balls are pretty common, but the hint of coconut milk is nothing! The latter increases the sweet taste of the carrot, giving a delicious aroma to the drink.
- 1 beet
- 2 carrots
- Optional: a tablespoon of lemon Juice tea
- First, wash the beets as well as the carrots (no need to remove the skin).
- Cut them into cubes.
- so put it all in the blender and process it to obtain a homogeneous mixture.
- Try to check the flavor and possibly adjust.
- once ready, served and consumed at this time.
- Possibly, you can add a little honey to sweeten.
Note: Instead of carrots, you can also use bananas for a thick, sweet drink.
2. Beetroot, orange and strawberry
- 1 beet
- The juice of two oranges
- first of all, clean the beets forever.
- cut them into cubes.
- Do the same with the strawberries.
- now pour everything into the blender and process until a homogeneous mixture.
- finally, serve and consume at this time.
- If you want, you can always add a little honey.
Note: If you prefer a more tart flavor, add more strawberries to the preparation or a teaspoon of lemon juice.
3. Beets, apples and ginger
- 3 beets
- 1 zinger root
- > 2 apples
- optional: Dust Cinnamon
- First of all, wash the ingredients well.
- well cut the beets and apple pieces (without peeling).
- so put everything in the blender, along with a little water and process until a homogeneous mixture.
- Finally, drink right now.
4. Beet Cucumber Spinach Blues
- 2 cucumbers
- Spinach (to taste)
- Wash the beet and cucumber well and cut them into cubes.
- Separately, wash the spinach, squeeze and cut them into pieces with the help of a knife.
- Next, mix to homogenize everything (it is hardly necessary to add water, since cucumbers contain a lot).
- finally, drunk at this time, finished.
NOTE: You can add a little avocado to the preparation to thicken the smoothie and make it smoother.
Prepare the beard smoothie!
You can create your versions of these shakes, with the ingredients you prefer, in the amounts you feel appropriate. In this article, we just wanted to give you some ideas to get you started.
Consider that it is not advisable to adopt these preparations with sugar or sweeteners, since you are at risk of exceeding the doses of sugar recommended by the World Health Organization. Alternatively, you can use some honey or a fruit, but the ideal is to take advantage of the flavors of the ingredients, without adding sugar.
Finally, we remind you that none of these drinks should be taken as a substitute for food (as this could prevent the body from getting all the nutrients it needs) or parts of whole fruits (whose contribution is essential for health, in general).
It may interest you… Read more Sanisucco di Beet: 7 reasons to drink
Beetroot juice is an anti-inflammatory and detoxifying drink that can help improve bodily functionality.