Sometimes we think of certain objects, because of the use we make, we go to the bathroom. In fact, they are objects that accumulate a large number of dangerous bacteria that can cause us numerous problems.
The bathroom is generally the fulcrum of our morning routine. We are probably convinced to follow the correct hygiene rules and therefore have a perfectly clean and immaculate bathroom.
We still can’t forget that even though we are clean and ordered, we are in the bathroom, unfortunately, some bacteria are nested and harmful toxins.
Today we will talk about eight things that we should never keep in the bathroom. Find out with us what they are and why keeping them in the bathroom can be dangerous.
1. Things never come out in the bathroom: the toothbrush
If there is one thing that we all have in the bathroom, it is the toothbrush. It is very comfortable, it actually goes into the bathroom and having it there, at the tip of the fingers! However, it is a habit that involves a series of risks, especially if we share the bathroom with other people. Some researchers at Quinnipiac University (Connecticut, United States) detected fecal matter in 60% of toothbrushes kept in shared bathrooms, regardless of how they were stored.
This study is proof that, no matter how good our habits in terms of bathroom care and hygiene are, however, we are favoring the accumulation of bacteria.
We must not even forget that the bathroom is a very humid environment. This particular condition means that our toothbrush does not dry completely between uses. That is why it would be better to keep it in our room or in an area of the house that is drier and more ventilated.
To avoid accumulated and dirty bacteria, we can give ourselves a box of brush doors. There are two models on the market, an integral part, which protects the entire toothbrush, and another that covers only the part of the bristles.
The heat and humidity of the bathroom compromise the effectiveness of the medicines. In some cases, they can also lose their properties before the expiration date indicated on the package.
Preserve our medicines correctly, we remember the following tips:
- Choose a dry and cool place. A good example can be a drawer in our closet. The kitchen, on the other hand, would be avoided because it presents the same humidity problem as the bathroom.
- Keep drugs in their original packaging. In this way, we can not only identify the medicine more easily and, when necessary, you will be able to read the relative leaflet, but we can verify the expiration date and prevent us from breaks.
- Please replace them in a safe place, which is not easy to access to the small house.
3. GROUNDS AND LAMETA
The humid bathroom environment is not suitable for this type of accessories, since the metal parts tend to rust, times before using them.
The only way they can be stored in the bathroom is when they are still closed in their package, well sealed.
This trick is also valid for scissors and, in general, for all objects composed of a metal part that can be easily saved.
4. Things never go away in the bathroom: tricks and cosmetics
Keeping our cosmetics in the bathroom is not a good idea, since in this environment they are not kept in good condition and actually expire over time.
Heat and humidity, in fact, deteriorate eye shadows, foundation, tanning grounds, and lipsticks. Not to mention, these products can easily grow certain bacteria.
Ideal is to keep them in a cool and dry place like our room. An extra beauty tip: Keeping your polish in the fridge helps keep it liquid and perfect as the first day.
Our favorite perfume runs the risk of losing its pleasant fragrance if we keep it in the bathroom for a long time. High temperatures and water vapors, in fact, modify the aroma of perfumes.
Therefore, it is advisable to preserve our fragrances in a dry place, where the temperature is constant, such as a chest of drawers in the room.
If you always thought that the bathroom was the ideal place, because discreet, where to store condoms, we’re sorry, but it’s not like that. The bathroom is perhaps the least suitable place to keep them, while the most suitable is probably the drawer of the nightstand.
Exposure to heat and humidity, in fact, over time can deteriorate the material from which condoms are made and consequently reduces their effectiveness.
7. Costume jewelry and jewelry
As with razors and picks, even jewelry and costumes won’t stand up to exposure to bathroom moisture.
Inauthentic jewelry, that is, jewelry dipped in gold or other materials could start to oxidize. Silver tends to squeeze more easily.
Ideal is to keep these objects in a special jewelry port. In fact, it is wrought velvet, lockable coffins and compartments. They are ideal for keeping all our jewelry in order, away from dust and external agents that can damage them.
8. Things never come out in the bathroom: combs and brushes
Hairs and hairbrushes if not stored specifically tend to accumulate germs and bacteria. You don’t even need to put them inside a drawer if the furniture in question is in the bathroom.
Moisture in the air favors the proliferation of bacteria and can even cause mold sludge on brushes. The ideal is to preserve these accessories in our room.
Now it’s clearer, this is not a good idea to keep certain things in the bathroom. If there are no doubts about objects or accessories that have not been named in this article, always ask if there may be the possibility that, in contact with heat and humidity, they may develop germs or bacteria.
It may interest you.. Read on the healthiest life in the bathroom ceiling and natural solutions
The mold on the bathroom ceiling is an enemy of all respect, but not invincible. Just approach with the right weapons, for example, one of the…
- American Society for Microbiology. June 2, 2022. Toothbrush contamination in common bathrooms.
- War Daniel. “Use antiseptics and disinfectants.” Maternal Magazine Maternal Material Ramón Sardá 24.4 (2005): 201-203.
- Guinan, Maryellen E., Maryanne McGuckin-Guinan, and Alice Sevaroid. “Who washes their hands after using the bathroom?” American Journal of Infection Control 25.5 (1997): 424-425.
- Rusin, P., P. Orosz-Coughlin, and C. Gerba. «Reduction of coliform coliforms, coliforms and heterotrophic coliforms, in domestic kitchen and bathroom by disinfection with hypochlorite cleaners». Journal of Applied Microbiology 85.5 (1998): 819-828.
- Santiago, J. «Control of Los Gémenes». Prevent the Spread of Germs 32.3 (2022): 11.
Strength Training For Women: Exercises And Benefits6 Ways To Increase Ocytocin Levels In Ceyenna, Ginger And Pepper Raynaud’s Curcumaphenomenon: Symptoms, Diagnosis, And Ways To TreatmentTermerTertertertererTerterterternABLES6 Increase Ocytocin Levels In The Bodies Hits9 Strategies That Help Reduce Losses! healthy cholesterol water habits, the best ways to combatlasane abitinicoma pasture eggs at home? Hardly habitual: the rules to avoid Vistane disturbances Dabastinia Vita: 7 Rules to live longer in Lungosanes Hanbitsdropusser: What is used and how is it used? Healthy habits protect skin from sun damage: we start at the alternative table…